A companion to the upcoming book of similar title, this blog gives recipes to make your own homemade and healthy Meals Ready to Eat. Whether you prepare these for survival in emergency situations or to provide healthy meals for work and camping/backpacking, or if you just need portion control for your diet, there are recipes here for nearly everyone! // ALL ingredients are dehydrated or freeze-dried, or shelf-stable, and all recipes are for one serving. // At least ONE new recipe will be added each week.

My Own Weight-Loss - Update

When I went in for my surgery on November 19 2014, I weighed 254 pounds.  After the surgery, I was so nauseous, on pain killers, and didn't feel like doing anything.

But to regain mobility in my knee / leg, I needed to do leg exercises.  By the end of December, I had lost several pounds, had regained full mobility in my knee, and, except for the pain, was starting to feel better.

The surgery made my fibromyalgia worse.  Biggest flare-up I've ever had, and it's not going away.  I read about diets to help with the fibro, so I started eating mostly fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, legumes, and gluten-free.

I added exercycling to my daily routine.  Then found my 3-pound hand weights and started working with them, in addition to physical therapy.

But the physical therapy was making my other leg/knee worse.  I had to stop that.  I researched exercises to do in bed, and changed things.

As of last week, I have lost 27 pounds since my surgery.

I exercycle daily.
I work out with weights daily, on the bed.
I do my knee exercises daily, on the bed.
I do mock-stomach-crunches daily, on the bed.

I started water therapy 2 weeks ago, but because of the snow, have attend only once so far. Hope the snow goes away soon.

If **I** can lose weight, so can YOU!

I have another 50-75 pounds to go.  I CAN do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment