A companion to the upcoming book of similar title, this blog gives recipes to make your own homemade and healthy Meals Ready to Eat. Whether you prepare these for survival in emergency situations or to provide healthy meals for work and camping/backpacking, or if you just need portion control for your diet, there are recipes here for nearly everyone! // ALL ingredients are dehydrated or freeze-dried, or shelf-stable, and all recipes are for one serving. // At least ONE new recipe will be added each week.

My Health Scare

Today is August the 13th, and I just got out of the hospital.

You might know that since I had my right knee replaced in November 2014, my fibromyalgia has tilted into full pain mode, and I'm non-stop nauseated.  The doctors I've seen said the nausea is from the meds I was on, so I didn't worry about it.

Then I had my second (left) knee replacement surgery in April 2015, and the nausea got worse.

But this week, on the 10th, a few days after our well went dry, my nausea went bonkers, and I became uncontrollable nauseated, with vomiting and severe abdominal pains. My family took me to the Emergency Room (a 35 minute drive) where they did everything they could to get me quieted down. Nothing worked. It actually got worse because every time they flushed my IV with saline, the taste of it make my nausea worse.  By 4 a.m., they had admitted me to the hospital.  Over the course of the next 2 1/2 days, they tried many different medicines to calm my stomach.  I threw up about 30 times in  24 hour period. You can bet my ribs and throat hurt.

It took the combination of three (yes, 3) medicines plus a nausea skin patch behind my ear to get me to stop throwing up enough to go home.

So, if I don't write much about making homemade healthy instant foods for a while, you'll know why.

Thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment