Benefits to making your own MREs? YOU control how much sodium you include in each recipe, how many veggies or fruits, how healthy or how decadent.
- All recipes are single-serve (one serving per recipe).
- All recipes use ingredients that are shelf-stable, like dehydrated, freeze-dried, bouillon cubes, powdered milk, tiny pasta, etc.
- Amounts of water needed to reconstitute the recipe may vary according to the moisture content in your dehydrated / freeze-dried ingredients.
- To make a pasta dish gluten-free, just use your pre-cooked-and-dehydrated gluten-free pasta instead of other pasta.
- To make a dish dairy-free when a milk, butter, cheese or sour cream is called for, please substitute rice milk in place of milk or sour cream. There is no rich dairy-free dehydrated substitute for butter or cheese. Not that **I** know of. If you know of a source, please please let me know!
p.s. ... do you have any suggestions for recipes you'd like to see?