A companion to the upcoming book of similar title, this blog gives recipes to make your own homemade and healthy Meals Ready to Eat. Whether you prepare these for survival in emergency situations or to provide healthy meals for work and camping/backpacking, or if you just need portion control for your diet, there are recipes here for nearly everyone! // ALL ingredients are dehydrated or freeze-dried, or shelf-stable, and all recipes are for one serving. // At least ONE new recipe will be added each week.

Health Update

I finally have a few minutes to myself so I thought I'd catch you up on my health.

Last night I sprained (or is it strained) my foot as I walked to the bathroom in the dark.  I had to follow a certain path because we haven't cleaned the carpet yet.  Why do I need to clean it?  Well, it's a gross reason so you should feel free to skip ahead, but after my EGD/colonoscopy the other day, I had a sudden attack of diarrhea.  Hubby did his best to clean it up, but, well, you know men!  I had every intention of cleaning it up, but I haven't felt up to it until last night.

And then I hurt my foot.

So ... hopefully, Hubby and I will do it tomorrow.  If I still can't walk on my foot, he'll do it.  Bless his heart. He even bought some carpet cleaner to do it.

Meanwhile, I have appointments next week to get the results from my barium swallow, and my EGD/colonoscopy.  Hoping at least ONE of them will tell me what's wrong with me.

I weighed yesterday and am still surprised there's not a drop in the numbers.  Weird.

As to what I'm eating, besides the protein drinks in the morning, plus the juice, I am managing to keep fresh plums down. Wonder why. I would think they would be too rough on my stomach, but nope.  Same goes for some apple dices that I dehydrated this week ... no problems eating them. And I am now able to eat a bowl of oatmeal or life cereal at night for dinner. 

I did try to eat some fast food but my body obviously knows me better than I do because it refused to process it.

Geez, I'd love to have an Olive Garden salad. Or a chef's salad.  Or even a plain ole salad with a boiled egg, peanuts, scallions, croutons and thousand island dressing.  Okay, maybe not so "plain ole"!

Anyhoo, I have lots of fruit to dice and get in the dehydrator... plums, peaches, pears, kiwi and apples.  That's my plan for next week.  I also have LOTS of chickens in our freezer, processed from our own little farmette, that I need to dehydrate. The plan is to boil them good, let cool, skim off the fat, pick off the meat, cut the meat into very small pieces and dehydrate until quite crispy.  I'll figure out what to do with the fat later. And I might dehydrate the bones till crispy, then crush and use as bonemeal for my roses.

Gotta learn how to use every bit of food in some way.

Well, my alone time is over, so I guess I'll get off and finish watching the last episode of Youtube's "Secrets of the Castle" with Ruth, Tom and Peter.  I love love LOVE this and their other series.

= = = = = = =
p.s. The "helpers" we fired last week... well, we think they stole one of my credit cards' numbers because I had some fraudulent purchases which thankfully, my bank caught.  Can't trust anyone, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment