A companion to the upcoming book of similar title, this blog gives recipes to make your own homemade and healthy Meals Ready to Eat. Whether you prepare these for survival in emergency situations or to provide healthy meals for work and camping/backpacking, or if you just need portion control for your diet, there are recipes here for nearly everyone! // ALL ingredients are dehydrated or freeze-dried, or shelf-stable, and all recipes are for one serving. // At least ONE new recipe will be added each week.

Still have abdominal pain

Here it is, after 8:30 p.m., and I'm regretting trying to eat a normal meal.  I had half a ham-and-cheese sandwich with an heirloom tomato and bell peppers, plus some milk.  That was around 7 p.m.

By 8:20 (thank goodness for the journal I keep!), I came down with such severe abdominal pain and nausea that I had to get Hubby to bring my nausea meds into the bathroom for me.  Uh, too much information?

Sorry.

I have so many wonderful heirloom tomatoes and other produce sitting here, waiting for me (and family) to eat. But I can't.  It's very frustrating.

On the 15th, 3 days ago, I had another attack as bad as the one that put me in the hospital on the 10th.  Luckily, I had all of my meds here, so I took 3 (yes, three) of the Zofran (which is a melt in your mouth emergency nausea pill) plus two of a different pill, one of a third pill, and I changed my behind-the-ear nausea patch.  I finally calmed down quite early in the morning and fell to sleep, finally, by 6 a.m.  I read and re-read my journal from the 15th and from August 10th and can NOT figure out what those two days have in common to make me have such intense attacks.

Nothing.

So ... what do you eat when you can't eat?  Never again will I have jello as that's what I threw up on Aug 10th when all of this started.  Instead, broth.  Applesauce scratches my stomach.  Oh, and about a half of a banana is ok (a whole one is too much).

I did my barium swallow yesterday and now my dizziness is worse.  I get my results in a week or two. Here's hoping they found SOMETHING that will help solve my health scare/problem.

Take care, people.  You never know what something horrible will attack you.  Can you imagine trying to do any kind of work with severe nausea and abdominal pain that has you doubled over?

Eat healthy.  Please.  Not for me, but for you and your future.

Read the labels on the products you buy.  If there are more than few ingredients, put it down and make it from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment