A companion to the upcoming book of similar title, this blog gives recipes to make your own homemade and healthy Meals Ready to Eat. Whether you prepare these for survival in emergency situations or to provide healthy meals for work and camping/backpacking, or if you just need portion control for your diet, there are recipes here for nearly everyone! // ALL ingredients are dehydrated or freeze-dried, or shelf-stable, and all recipes are for one serving. // At least ONE new recipe will be added each week.

Bland Overnight Oatmeal for Tummy Problems

I still don't know the cause of my abdominal pain, bloating and constant nausea. Saw my PCP yesterday who said she had no new ideas. To listen to my gastroenterologist. No help, she.

Meanwhile, I'm doing a bit of bland diet.  Making oatmeal in the morning ... EVERY morning... is getting old. Last night I put my portion of oats in a glass container, added the water called for and finished up with milk powder, cinnamon and nutmeg, stirred, covered, and let sit in the fridge.

Trouble sleeping, though, so I got up early today, got out my oatmeal, and it had all reconstituted!  Tasted delicious.

Thinking I need to add protein to it. Somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment