A companion to the upcoming book of similar title, this blog gives recipes to make your own homemade and healthy Meals Ready to Eat. Whether you prepare these for survival in emergency situations or to provide healthy meals for work and camping/backpacking, or if you just need portion control for your diet, there are recipes here for nearly everyone! // ALL ingredients are dehydrated or freeze-dried, or shelf-stable, and all recipes are for one serving. // At least ONE new recipe will be added each week.

Protein-Packed Overnight Oatmeal

Do you remember how my post last week was about my overnight oatmeal? And how I needed to add protein to it?

Well, I ordered from Amazon.com (a few weeks ago) some hulled hemp nuts/seeds.  They do provide a bit of roughage as well as protein, but I guess I need it.  SO when I made my overnight oats Wednesday night, in addition to cinnamon, powdered milk and a tiny bit of nutmeg, I also added a tablespoon of the hemp nuts for protein.  Know what else? I added some powdered peaches ... I've been craving peaches lately.

Thursday morning, got up, found that it had all reconstituted nicely, and ate it cold.

So very delicious.

================

Note: This was a difficult week, this one past.  On Monday I had minor surgery.  Fasted Sunday night, and at the hospital first thing on Monday for a trans-jugular liver biopsy.  That means, they cut a hole in my neck to get to my jugular, then fed a tube with a camera and claw-thingy on the end, went all the way down to my liver, looked around and took a piece. I'm not recovering very well.

THEN yesterday, on Friday, I had to go to a different hospital for an adrenal/cortisol stimulation test to see if THAT is causing my abdominal pain, bloating and nausea.

Hope to get my results soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment