1/2 cup chicken in small pieces
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tsp lime zest
1 tsp lime powder
1 tsp hot pepper dices (jalapeno, habanero, etc)
1/2 tsp butter powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
s & p to taste
Combine and seal. When ready to prepare, add 3/4 cups of boiling water. More if necessary, to get it into a thick consistency (not soupy). Serve with tortillas or chips.
- Although I have found freeze-dried jalapeno bits, I haven't found store-bought freeze-dried or dehydrated habanero or other hot peppers. I suggest you do them yourself, if you like super-hot chilies! Slice thin, spread on a sheet in a single layer, and dehydrate. Suggestion: dehydrate in your garage or outside because the oils and heat will spice up your air!
- Lime powder is available online but you can make your own lime (and lemon) powder and zest. Zest a clean organic citrus fruit and dehydrate the strips (store as strips). For powder, thinly slice the whole clean organic citrus fruit and dehydrate the slices (store as slices for teas, etc or powder for recipes).
- Gluten-free: recipe is gluten-free. Serve on gf tortillas/wraps (corn, amaranth, etc) or chips. I like blue corn non-gmo chips from the health food store.
- Low-sugar: none in this recipe!
- Low-carb: naturally, but bump up the meat if you need more protein.